Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Life is Good

Idaho was just blessed with three days of spring weather. Sadly, today the cold front has reached us and will stay for the next four days. Beth called today and told me that it was 90* in Vegas. I'm so jealous! But I'll be grateful for whatever warm weather we get. It won't be the first time we have one cold day, and summer the next.

Last week has been a good one for me, I've been feeling stronger, and I went out a few times! I went to Twin Falls with Mike, Megan, and Kade. We were treated to dinner at Outback and entertainment on the way down. The food was wonderful and tasty, entertainment was scary! We followed a highway patrolman from Burley to Twin. (Mike never drove soo slow.. 78mph) Any who, we are about to take the exit to Twin when we notice the cop flip on his lights. There is a milk tanker driving like a bat out of (you know what). He is not slowing down - even on the curve. He appears to be gunning it right when he needs to be stopping at a stop light. We are all thinking, "OH MY GOSH!" what is he thinking! There are two small cars in front of us he could hit, the opposite traffic light is green, or he could just blow back unto the freeway. Either way would end up a tragic choice. So he's at the intersection, he swings left and then a hard right. It all seem to take place in slow motion, but here comes the double tankers wheels off the ground, and then the cab slams down hard on two men in a pick-up pulling a trailer. Not really sure how those guys made it out so fast, but thankfully they did. Then came the load of milk. Milk shakes for everyone!! Turns out a fifty year old woman from Rupert was driving drunk. It was a "miracle that no one was killed. It was hard not to replay that in you're mind - to think how close peoples lives could have been changed forever. Drunk drivers, they make me crazy!!

I also had something so nice come in the mail. My niece Camie Whittle, from Ferron, UT sent me the sweetest card. She had a school assignment to make a greeting card, so she made one for me. (She got an A by the way!) It was full of pictures, memories of the past, stories in rhyme's, sweet as could be. It made me cry, it was so thoughtful Camie. Thank-you. Okay I just tried to copy it and put a picture of it, and flubbed it up. Megan is going to have to give me another lesson.

Kudos to Sarah for being super-mom! Last Saturday's story totally wore me out just reading it. More power to you. Now it's time for a long rest! You earned it. By the way, congrats to you and Tyler, he's a real cutie.

Thank-you all for you're love and continued support. I feel it everyday.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Thank you! I was "shocked" about as much as I could stand!! That's a way scary story about the drunk driver. Those two guys are LUCKY!
And, good for Cami for doing that for you. I'm dreading Friday after next with you. Keep the posts coming as long as you're feeling up. Did I hear that Boston Legal is moving to Wednesdays???

Marsha said...

Not till tonight did I remember, it was a scary thought...no Boston Legal!! I need my fix.

Miranda said...

Hi Marsha! I'm so excited to have found your blog. It's like I can hear your voice while I'm reading your posts!!