Wednesday, July 23, 2008

NO more radiation!!!

Here I am at the cancer center in Twin Falls. I'll have to let someone else park here that has cancer.

I am "cancer free"!

Wahooooo!!

Today was my last day for radiation! Megan drove down with me to document the day.

Didn't take me long to get undressed and ready for my last dose of elecrtons.



Here are the radiation techs that worked today. Paul, Evonne, me of coarse, and Sidney down front. Everyone there is so nice, I am going to miss them all. I'll have to put another with a picture of James. He is the one who gave me my permanent markers or tattoos, and got me started with the the whole process. He pretty much held my hand through all of it. He is a very funny, kind and a compassionate person. They were all great!


I even got a graduation certificate. Whoop whoop!


Here I am walking through the beautiful rose garden. It smells so good.





Paul took a picture of Megan and me before we left. Hmm guess he didn't check the picture?

We celebrated with lunch afterwards at Burger Stop with huge cheeseburgers and a honkin' plate of French fries. I stuffed myself with a half of burger, I'll pay for that later. Thats all the celebrating I could handle so we drove home.

This has been quite a process, at times I thought it was never going to be over. But it is.. finally. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father, for his continued presence, and blessings. I never doubted his love for me, ever! I hope I will always remember this experience of learning and not slip backwards. I hope someday I'll be able to help someone who might be going through something similar. This has certainly strengthened my testimony of prayer. Thanks to all of you who have continued to love and support me. I appreciated your prayers more than you will ever know.

8 comments:

The Whittle Clan said...

We are so happy for you! Glad it is over with. Your testimony is beautiful just like you. Keep on celebrating!

Jerolyn said...

Congratulations Graduate! I wish that parking spot never had to be filled again~but since it does I'm just glad it's not you filling it anymore!

Megan said...

Congrats! Congrats!

I am so PROUD of you Mom.

You're truly an inspiration. I don't know of many people who could gone through what you did with such grace.

I LOVE YOU!

Beth said...

The ONE day I didn't check your blog, you posted! I'm so happy for you, to be finished with it all. Happy Birthday!!! I love you and wish I was there today to give you a spanking!!! I loved my time with you last weekend.

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Congratulations Marsha! This is Trish by the way. I love looking at your blog you are an incredible woman and your strength just amazes me! I couldn't help myself to not leave you a comment and let you know how happy I am for you and your beautiful family!

melanie said...

Marsha, You are amazing!! I'm so happy that you 'graduated' from radiation and all treatments. Thanks for your example of faith and strength while traveling this tough, tough road. You ROCK!

jeff and char said...

i am so glad you are finished you are one tough cookie, i am excited for you! you have an awesome daughter she was so excited to surprise you! it looks like you had a great party, i love all your hairdo's you look great in every style and color. have a good day! love char

Anonymous said...

Good words.