Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer nights

Ahhh, nothing better than swinging in the hammock on a cool summer night. My granddaughter Alizah was singing her little heart out when I snapped this picture. Since shes been gone I have the hammock all to myself. It was a lot more fun when we were making up songs together though.




It seems like yesterday I was staring out the front window wishing for spring. And how excited I was when the buds started showing up on the trees. Summer has justed raced by. We are losing daylight!!! I'm not ready for summer to be over! It's really cooling off at night, I had to get a jacket on to sit on the porch tonight. School started last Wednesday, whats the big hurry, isn't it soon enough to start after Labor Day weekend? Okee dokee, I got that off my chest. Guess I'll just enjoy the nice warm sun while we have it. Look forward to a beautiful fall.


Just got back from St George and seeing the Archibald family. It seemed like a long ways down but we took two days going down. Sitting for long periods of time make my feet stiff and numb. (still working on being patient about that problem) It has been a long time since I've been to St George, it's really grown! Mike told me that he was on my dime so we could go or do anything I wanted to do. Imagine how shocked he was when I only wanted to go to one store!! Oh my gosh, even I was shocked! We drove around and took a nap. I know whaa hoo!! It was a big day?!! Then we met Beth and Howard for Cade and Sierras ring ceremony. Talk about a classy place, very up scale and nice. It was wonderful to see Calleen and Rick and the whole family. We laughed and reminisced for three hours, it was heaven. I have looked forward to this day for six months. It was everything I hoped it to be!

I'm feeling great and enjoying everyday. I think I'm feeling stronger, I get tired pretty easy though. I just want to do everything! Everything in moderation is what Mike keeps telling me. Blah blah...I know he's right. I'm really looking forward to Sunday, Twin Falls temple dedication!! So exciting to have a temple so close.

I'm going to try very hard to be a better blogger in the future. I know that will make Megan and Beth happy. Hopefully my life is going to get more exciting?

5 comments:

Jerolyn said...

it will make Jerolyn happy too!

Kortni said...

cute picture and nice to hear you returned safely

Megan said...

Wahoo! It will make EVERYONE happy to see more of your blogs.

Beth said...

YAY!!!! Marsha's back in the blog world!

jeff and char said...

hey there, i am sad summer is passing by so quickly to, your hammock looks very relaxing!