Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


We have been doing a lot lately so were thinking maybe we'll stay home and relax. Then we find out that Megan and Kade are going to the cabin. Dusty calls and lets us know they also are going to the cabin. Hmm maybe we'll go?? Then we find out Kade invited his sister and two daughters. Hey, now it's a party! We are going fer sure now. We head up Friday afternoon and we have passed up Poky, now IF, we have to stop and feed our faces in Rexburg. (and buy food) Can you say "Bajio" Yum Yum! We finally get there, it's beautiful and smells wonderful. Yea, were back at the cabin, we love it there! Next day it's sunny and going to be a beautiful day. But it feels a little nippy. Wanna float the river?? Um..Mike and I will pass this time But thanks for the invite! It's always nice to have Megan there becuz she is an excellent cook. If she wants to cook, I'll clean up anytime. So the next day it rains and is quite chilly. Good day to play marbles. It's always a good day when Kades' sister (Keriann) kicks his butt twice!! Marbles for those of you who don't know is an old family tradition. It's a lot like the game "Sorry" only you play with marbles on a home made board with holes. Should have taken a picture. Have you been wondering about the picture above?? It's a Matilda Moose hoof print. For real!! She came for breakfast Tuesday morning. I glanced out the kitchen window and thought I saw the back end of a red roan horse. Okay, so it was a tall one! I went to the back door and there she was staring back at me. Like I was bothering her and her munching. She hung out for about 45 minutes. First time we've had a moose come to the cabin. It was cool. I'm still learning about adding pictures. I'll try harder next time. Anyway it was nice to get away, Mike had already taken two weeks off so it was time to get back to the real world. Can't wait to go back again.

3 comments:

Beth said...

When I saw that picture of you guys playing "marbles", I thought "WAHOO", which is what WE used to call it when I played as a kid. I loved it!

Korbi said...

Bajios is the greatest restaurant ever, that and Big JUdd's are my favorite! It's good to have tracked down your blog again. I always lose my "widgets" when I change my background and Kortni didn't have you linked becaue she lost hers too, so I had a lot to catch up on with you and I am so happy to see all the fun posts and the Moose! We saw one at Upper Priest when we were up there with the family vacation. Huge suckers they are!

jeff and char said...

a moose, no way i would love to see one that close, jocelyn said you had a great time, her computer is broke i think i might have to go down there myself to get it fixed i need fallon pictures!