Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Marsha needs more attention

Thats what someone asked me at church last Sunday when I had a group of ladies standing around me. 

"What..Marsha needs more attention?" 

I thought it was a little mean? Anyway, this is what I've been up to lately. Sorry if this grosses some people out. This is a week after surgery. For anyone that doesn't know I had a trapezium implant (joint replacement) done. The nurse cut off the bandage from surgery and removed the stitches. I'm still swollen and colored up good with iodine. My nails looked like I'd been eating cheetos for a month!! EEWW!


To control the throbbing you elevate the arm. Then the blood obeys the law of gravity and pools to the elbow. Cute huh? I didn't even get offered a sticker or a sucker. One of Erins' cinnamon rolls would have been good!

Then I got to pick out my cast color. I wanted pink/camo. Nope they don't have that color. Didn't like all the neon colors. Almost got red, decided to be GI Jane for four weeks. Does my thumb stick out like a "sore thumb" or what?

Thank-you Megan, Jocelyn, and Fallon for going to Twin with me. A stop at 9 Beans and a Burrito made me feel better.

Ever tried undoing the metal button on your jeans with one hand? Grrr
it's frustrating with only one hand, especially when you are right handed. I'll just be glad when the next three weeks are over. Okay no more whining.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Seriously? "Does Marsha need more attention"?????? Doesn't she realize you would GLADLY give up any of the "attention" you've gotten in the past year & almost a half to not have gone through what all you have??? Really...I'm sure she meant it as a joke, but it's not so funny. Thoughtless, yes. Funny, no. Anyway...OWWIIIEEEE. Crap, that is extreme. I can't imagine how all that must hurt, expecially all trapped in a cast. But, cool cast. I've never seen camo before. I love you. I hope the hurting ends soon.

Jerolyn said...

Marsha I'd give you attention ANYTIME! I'm with Beth OWWIIIEEEE! Way cool cast btw!

Megan said...

You deserve all the attention in the world! You've been such a trooper through this whole thing. Your tolerance for pain is unreal.

And don't worry - I'll come button up your jeans anytime you want!

The Nelson's said...

yes good choice on the cast even tho my face was a little shocking.. i still think fallon is lucky to have such fun grandmas.. I am also glad i got stuck out in the car with Fallon cause i prolly would have passed out if i would have seen that.. hopefully you are feeling alot better and the pain has gone.. We miss you!

Marcy said...

The cast looks fun, the scar looks terrible, but I think you look GREAT. I hope things are getting a little easier to do. I think you are such a trooper and could teach me a thing or two!!!!!

Kortni said...

I can't even give you a tiny bit of the attention that you need and deserve. You should've warned the viewer of the graphic nature of the pics! Just kiddng-but glad the girls didn't see it, they would be so worried. We're so excited to see you again so soon....

Richard and Kristen said...

Marsha, you look so good! The arm looks like it may hurt a bit. Hope you heal quickly.