Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good-bye cast!

Due to a little swim in the bath tub, um..I had to get a new cast. I told the nurse I was sure I drained it "really good". I knew it was dry. At least I hoped it was. I even bet Mike $20 it was dry. And it was, the nurse was nice enough not to charge me for another one. I miss "camo girl" but a black cast was fun. I only had to wear it for a week. Meanwhile Jocelyn brought Fallon to Burley so her parents could watch her while "us" girls could have a fast road trip. So we made a detour to Twin to have my cast removed, before meeting Dusty in Boise. 

Yikes look at that saw man!! Everyone says, "oh it doesn't hurt, it doesn't even come close to your skin." Hmm a friend was just telling me last week that when her husband got his cut off they cut his arm. Yeah...that story flashed in my brain pretty fast. I looked wicked but it came off pretty easy. I didn't get a sucker or a sticker... whatever!!

As soon as it was off I was taken to x-ray where they did three pictures of a brand new joint. No rust on the new one. Only four weeks of dead skin..... gaagrosssss! Then the nice hand doctor proceeded to bend my thumb up and down...yaoooohhh! I don't have to wear any kind of soft brace. The doctor has given me two weeks to see what "I'm made of ?" Will I exercise it  or will I be forced to have therapy? You bet my little bippy I'm going to give it plenty of exercise. I didn't got through all this pain for nothin! My scar is a little bit on the "wicked" side but I'm hoping it will fade over time. Besides it's a nice accessory to my stretch marks.
I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog, so I'll be back in a couple of days.

5 comments:

Korbi said...

is it still OK? I was swearing it was ripping open, you probably shouldn't have gone bowling! :)

Marsha said...

I thought the stitches were coming open too. But it looks 100% better now. I had Andrea look at it, she said it looked ok. I didn't bowl, thought it was too much weight.

The Whittle Clan said...

Hopefully everything continues to heal nicely for you. Good luck!

Megan said...

You bet my little bippy?! Teehee. You're funny. ;-) Hope your hand feels just like new soon.

Beth said...

Good girl!!! Finally. And, FYI...Blogging=typing. Typing=exercise. Therefore, blogging=exercise! A win/win for everyone! Love you!