Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Surprise visit

Last month I got a phone call from my cousin Scott Whittle. It has been a long time since I've seen him, anyway he was up visiting his dad in Idaho Falls. They wanted to drive to Burley for a visit. It was such a nice surprise.  I didn't realize Scott was living in SLC. He is working at the same place Tony was working before he moved. Uncle Keith sure reminds me of dad. I'm sure he is missing his sweet wife, Dawna. She recently passed away. We had a great visit and they stayed for a roast beef dinner. It was nice to see that special little twinkle in his eyes. He still has an excellent memory of the past and he seem to enjoy talking about things. Uncle Keith has always been one of my favorite uncles, I always thought he was so cool. He still is. He is the the last surviving sibling on my dads side. I need to make it a point to go see him more often. He loves fishing and the outdoors, I asked him if he'd like to go to the cabin this summer. I think that smile meant yes. Makes me thankful for family, for uncles, for good memories, and if I try the chance of being with them again someday.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Uncle Keith reminds me so much of Grandpa. So grateful that families are forever too.

Beth said...

It's so nice they would drive to Burley to see and visit with you. Memories...they're great.