Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lewiston trip

It's been a while since I've been on the ole blog. I'm two trips behind, so I'll tell you a little about the first one. We wanted to support Kade and his football team. They had such a good year, they had been undefeated for so long. The state play-offs were held in Moscow, when I heard that I was excited. Now just get Mike to agree to
drive up a day before. It's been a while since I've been to Lewiston . I
didn't have to talk very hard to con-
vince Mike to go. If you read Megans blog you know they didn't win. They are still a great team. My sister Elaine went to Lewiston with me six years ago. I wanted to surprise my life long friend Mykle, at her daughters wedding. Yes I surprised her big time! Thats her in the picture. Yes I surprised her again, I know, thats not nice to do. But she was gracious anyway. It was fun driving around visiting old hang outs, checking out old houses we use to live in, showing Megan my old high school, checking out Potlach (thats where my dad worked). She thought it was stinky. Dad use to say, "smells like bread and butter to me". It is stinky but it flooded my minds with lots of good memories. My dad worked his butt off to support his family. I'll always appreciate and love my dad for that.

We also met Bran, Kort, and girls in Moscow to watch the game then they drove to Lewiston to spend the night with us. After a gag ola breakfast at I Hop we parted ways and headed home. Man I forgot how far that trip is. Brandon was only 21/2 hours away. Here is a picture of grama and the girls. And one of papa and the girls. The girls were none too happy about the pool being outside. We were lucky to get a room, everyone was booked. I was pooped by the time we got home, even after I napped half the way.

I had a yearly mamo and they found some spots they didn't like. I made a trip to Pocatello for sterotastic test. Which is a fancy word for more biopsies. I won't make you wait for a week like they did...I tested negative!! Yah for me!! We'll wait for six months and do another mamo, just to be safe. I'm feeling good, calm about everything, eating everything I can find, still tired. But "very very happy to be alive!" I have so much to be thankful for. I'm loving life and taking it one wonderful day at at a time!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Good post. I'm sorry we missed each other in Vegas. A trip "home" is always good. I would love to take my girls to Louisiana and see my home stomping grounds one day.

Megan said...

Vegas! Vegas! Snap to it Missy!

jeff and char said...

what a fun trip,
waiting for tests like that is cruel, i am so glad everything is okay!!!!!!